The security barrier is the current standard anti-terrorist port security barrier system for commercial installation. The security barrier employs a continuous net capture system supported on a floating pontoon structure.
The maritime security system is designed to stop:
- Fast Inshore Attack Crafts (FIAC)
- Boat-Borne Improvised Explosive Devices (BBIED)
- Multiple boat and swarm attacks
- Intruders at full power before, during, and after impact
- Slow speed, heavy tonnage vessels
- High speed, lower tonnage vessels
- Durability -HDPE pontoon’s thickness and diameter produce structural strength sufficient to withstand the weight of the heavy steel beam and netting so that the entire system can stop high-energy vessels.
- Low maintenance – using composite materials, a simple system structure, and as few parts as possible supports easy and low-cost inspection and maintenance.
- Low operational cost – making the system light and keeping the wind, current, and wave loading on the system as low as practical gives operators
- the ability to easily open/close gates.